Friday, April 15, 2011

Still one of my favorite things in Kindergarten

Losing a tooth in kindergarten is the BEST thing ever. It's the little things in life that are great. As this little boy had a loose tooth one day he asked if I would pull it out. I tried and it wasn't quite ready. The next day however, it came right out, but he was quite nervous it would hurt and even said, it can stay in another day. After I pulled it out, a little girl said where is the new tooth? I said remember it takes a while for the new tooth to grow in, her reply was I don't like waiting.
 As I reflected about this tooth, it reminded me so much of sin and change  in our lives.   We want to get rid of sin and be a better wife, friend, parent, sibling,   but are scared it might hurt and quite frankly hold onto it because it's all we have known. Change is scary and we know that  we need to let it go but fear and unknown start to creep in.
After we final decide we must change, we like this little girl expect the new growth (aka new tooth) to be right there. But we know we must wait, read HIS word, reflect on His word, train our heart in HIS word and do doers of the word not hearers only. So as I am at times discouraged myself, I am then encouraged because like the tooth, it takes time and many times, I look back over the time I waited for  the new tooth to occur, The Lord has grown, molded and shaped me in ways that I never thought possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment