Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Wow where to start

Once again, I have gone far tooooo long without blogging. Where do I begin and what details do I include etc.... should have never started this blog thing as it's one more thing I might fail at.....
Travis... our weekly IV's are the normal for us but last week after the infusion Travis said mom you should look at my leg it's bad. Him being a little bit of a drama king, I said I'm sure it's fine. However, he persisted that it was really hurting... He was correct and he was having a reaction to the drug.... YIKES... based on the reaction, Travis cannot take that drug anymore. This week has been stressful in that we did not have an infusion on Sunday and are waiting to see what the insurance does from here.
The new drug must be approved by the insurance company, we are changing home health agengies and the new drug requires three sites instead of two. Travis is NOT thrilled with that at all.  To steal the words from our sweet friend Jennifer Lewis Clouse, this infusion infessed world is not our home.
Lots of moving parts in this crazy situation. Meanwhile, Travis did not receive any IGG this week putting him in danger of infections. We are STILL waiting on his IGG levels as the nurse fogot to put the test on the orders and then the lab had issues running the test. Again, I think God is protecting him in supernatural ways.  Please pray first for protection from GERMS, then for insurance to agree to new drug and for new home health agency. Will keep you updated when we know something.....
As I waited all week for things to happen I realized that I am not in control of any of this situation but yet I KNOW the one who is. Thank the LORD He has this covered. Every time I seem anxious, worry or fret about this, I remind myself that God is working out the details of all of this. Travis is NOT mine but HIS and he's got it covered. No dr, insurance, blood work etc is in my control but in HIS hands. Through all of this my temptation is to worry and wonder what if but I remind myself as I teach my kindergarten kids, He's got the whole world in HIS hands. Even Travis..... Harder to understand at times but waiting patiently and trusting in HIM as we wait for answers. Thank you LORD this is not our home, can't wait to get to Heaven without insurance and BE OK with that.
Thank you all for standing in the gap with us. I will keep you posted as soon as we know something.

No comments:

Post a Comment