Sunday, February 20, 2011

Dreading my Birthday

I know most people would say really it's just another year but this year is different. This is going to be my first birthday without my mom. From as early as I can remember, my mother has always made my birthday very special. When I was younger I always got to choose what we had for dinner and then what kind of cake you wanted as well, usually from stein's bakery. As I got older, my mom always was the first to call me on my birthday and always had special treats usually flowers or something fun for spring to wear or just treats for the day. Many times over the years I often thought I'm too old for this but I have to say I really enjoyed the love from my mom. She as I've said before loved to share joy and birthdays were no exception. So the next time someone has a birthday in our family, I think I'll continue with my mother's joy and ask them what they want for dinner and what kind of cake they want.

No comments:

Post a Comment