Saturday, May 7, 2011

Mother's Day

Not sure how tomorrow will go, especially in light of my meltdown this morning. Tomorrow should be no different than any other day except it is. It's mother's day and I don't have my mother here. Many have asked how are you doing? Tough question to answer most days. Am I moving on with life, busy with the boys yes but is there a day I don't think about my mom? NO. It seems I've finally stopped thinking I need to call her but the thoughts of wishing she were here are still there. I know it's only been 4 months but it just seems the tears still flow rather quickly. I made it through my mother's day kindergarten tea with only my eyes filling up, no tears pouring but alone and at home they flow freely.  I still am very thankful my mom did not suffer and that she never knew about the lung cancer but just more time. I guess that's all we ever want with anyone who dies.When Robert asked what I wanted for mother's day my response was my mom. So even though your mom drives you nutty, requires extra time, or even makes you crazy, love them well and enjoy the time you have now. Happy mother's day!

No comments:

Post a Comment