Monday, January 3, 2011

Joy

That was my mother's name and it fit her perfectly. Everyone who met her loved her. She drove us crazy as kids but what mother doesn't. She will be greatly missed, especially by my family. My boys were extremely close to her and spent many days with her. As 2011 begins, I want to have JOY in my life, JOY in all circumstances and JOY with my family. I don't know what 2011 holds only the Lord knows that and I am praying for more JOY as the year goes on. As I begin this grieving process, I am seeing that there are ups and downs and when I am down it is a sinking feeling more than I ever imagined. I guess we all know that life is short and we say that but living it out is hard to do. I never thought at 69 my mother wouldn't be with us. One more conversation, one more day with her, all those things that we wish we could share one more time. I have no doubt in my mind that my mother loved me dearly and loved my children and my family dearly as well, however, to hear her say I love you one more time.... ouch... still such a tender wound...so as you pray for me and my family pray for JOY to enter our lives again and for peace which only the LORD can give. Thank you so much for loving our family during this time. It is times like this that I realized how loved I am....

1 comment:

  1. Father, we pray for JOY that comes in knowing You. JOY that endures trials. JOY that makes our faith contagious. JOY that provides hope and vitality for each day. Thank you for Julia living out what she knows to be true: Life is in Christ. Amen.

    ReplyDelete